The vacation season shouldn't be full with out a unfold of scrumptious cookies! For these of you which can be searching for a gluten free choice, take a look at our recipe for almond flour sugar cookies. They’re each tasty and provide slightly selection to your vacation cookie baking! All elements and instructions under.
Makes about 22-24 3” cookies
6 Tbsp butter, room temperature
1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
3 Tbsp uncooked honey
1 egg, room temperature
1 1⁄2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1⁄2 cups blanched almond flour, packed barely (finely floor works finest)
1⁄3 cup coconut flour
1⁄4 tsp baking soda
1⁄2 tsp salt
- In a big mixing bowl, cream collectively butter, sugar, and honey with an electrical mixer (will take 2-3 minutes). Beat within the egg and vanilla extract till clean and mixed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and salt. Regularly add the dry elements into the moist elements, and beat on low velocity till utterly mixed. The dough can be very comfortable.
- Break up the dough in half and switch every onto separate sheets of plastic wrap, forming every right into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and switch to fridge for 2-3 hours to sit back.
- As soon as the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and put aside.
- Unwrap one disk of your dough and roll out between two items of parchment paper, till 1⁄4” thick. Minimize out cookies together with your alternative of cookie cutters, then gently place onto one baking sheet utilizing a spatula. This dough will get comfortable in a short time, so it really works finest to roll the dough out in your baking sheet and chill for five minutes once more earlier than slicing your shapes. This makes it a lot simpler to chop out and deal with your cookies.
- Make a brand new ball of dough from any scraps and proceed to roll and lower out shapes till all of the dough has been used. Repeat these final two steps with the second disk of chilled dough and place the cookies in your second baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes simply till the perimeters are very flippantly brown. The facilities will nonetheless look very pale, and the cookies can be comfortable on the within. Allow them to cool on the baking sheets for simply 2 minutes after which switch cookies onto a wire cooling rack to complete cooling utterly.
- Frost together with your favourite frosting or icing recipe and revel in! The icing within the pictured cookies was coloured with beet powder, cranberries, wild blueberries, and matcha powder.
- For the perfect outcomes, use butter or a dairy free butter if wanted. Coconut oil can be utilized, but it surely makes the dough extra fragile whereas rolling and cracks simply.
- You may strive common granulated sugar or maple sugar rather than the coconut sugar.
- Sadly nothing could be substituted for the coconut flour on this recipe, because it helps the cookies maintain collectively.
- Chilling the dough is important. For those who don’t have time to attend 2-3 hours and even in a single day, strive inserting your dough into the freezer for 10-Quarter-hour earlier than rolling.
- As a result of this dough will get comfortable in a short time, it’s finest to roll out the dough in batches and solely prepare dinner one baking sheet at a time. One of the best outcomes have been seen when rolling the dough out onto a baking sheet, chilling for five minutes earlier than slicing into shapes, then chilling cut-out shapes on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes earlier than baking.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all types of gluten free recipes on her weblog, Zest and Lemons. She has a ardour for cooking and images, and loves to assist others be taught extra about Celiac Illness. She can be an oatmeal fanatic and is all the time making a large number within the kitchen.