Crunchy, wholesome, and able to be the hit of any Summer time picnic. Our Colourful Roasted Cauliflower Salad is loaded with greens and delivers a low carb choice to go with any predominant course. A bit little bit of candy, somewhat little bit of salt, and a complete lot of style!
For the Salad:
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower
- 1 cup chickpeas, additionally known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp floor cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp granulated garlic, can even use garlic powder
- 1-2 tsp additional virgin olive oil (you can too use melted coconut oil)
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, raw
- 1 medium beet, peeled and shredded
- 1 massive carrot, or two medium carrots, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup purple onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 2-3 oz feta cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp additional virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed salt to style, non-obligatory
- Balsamic vinegar, non-obligatory
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put aside.
- Toss cauliflower and chickpeas with 1-2 tsp of olive oil (or melted coconut oil), then add the turmeric, cumin and granulated garlic and toss to coat evenly. Bake for 25-Half-hour, till the cauliflower begins to brown on prime. Take away from the oven and set aspect.
- Whereas the cauliflower and chickpeas are roasting, prepare dinner the quinoa in response to bundle instructions. Put aside to chill earlier than assembling the salad (see notes for different).
- Mix the spinach, arugula, shredded beet, shredded carrots, and cooked quinoa to a big salad or mixing bowl. Whisk collectively the dressing substances and pour over the salad. Gently combine to mix and coat all the pieces within the dressing, then add the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas, and prime with crumbled feta or goat cheese. Elective to drizzle with somewhat balsamic vinegar earlier than serving.
- You need to use any mixture of leafy greens for this salad, resembling utilizing kale or all spinach.
- For a lower-carb model, strive utilizing 1 - 1 1⁄2 cups cooked cauliflower rice as a substitute of quinoa.
- The beet and carrots may be simply shredded in a meals processor fitted with the wonderful shredding blade. Should you don’t have a meals processor, you can too slice and chop thinly by hand. Observe that the beets are simpler to eat uncooked if sliced as thinly as doable. - You'll be able to prime this salad with cubed mozzarella cheese as a substitute of feta or goat cheese, or use a dairy-free model if wanted. - You need to use as little or as a lot of the dressing as you’d like. Should you’d relatively not use the dressing, strive topping the salad with only a drizzle of olive oil and a few freshly-squeezed lemon juice.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares all types of gluten free recipes on her weblog, Zest and Lemons. She has a ardour for cooking and images, and loves to assist others study extra about Celiac Illness. She can also be an oatmeal fanatic and is at all times making a large number within the kitchen.