Pumpkin Spice solely comes however every year! However sugary espresso drinks usually are not the one strategy to get pleasure from it. Take advantage of a seasonal favourite with this fast and simple put up exercise snack!
Makes about 14-16
6 Medjool Dates,
pitted 1⁄2 cup rolled oats, gluten free if wanted
1⁄3 cup canned pumpkin purée
1⁄3 cup coconut flour
1 scoop/serving unsweetened protein powder
1⁄4 cup cashew butter
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp floor cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp floor ginger
1⁄4 tsp floor nutmeg
1⁄8 tsp floor allspice
1⁄8 tsp floor cloves
2 tsp pure maple syrup
1⁄8 tsp salt (if utilizing unsalted cashew butter)
- Soak the dates in a bowl of sizzling water for five minutes to melt. Drain and pat dry.
- Mix dates, oats, and canned pumpkin in a meals processor fitted with a metal blade. Activate the machine and course of till the dates are chopped and start to kind a sticky ball, stopping to scrape down the perimeters as wanted.
- Cease the machine, add the remaining elements, and pulse till every thing is mixed and the dough comes collectively to kind a ball.
- Earlier than rolling, chill the dough within the fridge for a minimum of 30-45 minutes, The longer you chill the dough, the simpler will probably be to roll.
- Roll into 1-1.5 inch balls and place each on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for a minimum of 1 hour earlier than transferring to a freezer-safe bag or container.
- Maintain refrigerated or frozen.
- You'll be able to add a further scoop of protein powder should you’d like. If the dough is simply too mushy or sticky, add just a little additional coconut flour to thicken.
- An unsweetened cashew butter works greatest for this recipe. You can even strive utilizing peanut butter or sunflower seed butter as a substitute.
- These are greatest stored frozen till able to eat
- Simply thaw one or two at room temperature for a couple of minutes earlier than having fun with. If stored within the fridge, they are going to be barely softer.
LAUREN | FOOD BLOGGER
Lauren is a former athlete from Minnesota who shares every kind of gluten free recipes on her weblog, Zest and Lemons. She has a ardour for cooking and pictures, and loves to assist others study extra about Celiac Illness. She can also be an oatmeal fanatic and is at all times making a multitude within the kitchen.